- AnesthesiologyReview Panel
- CardiovascularReview Panel
- ChemistryReview Panel
- DentalReview Panel
- Subpart B—Diagnostic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart B—Physical Medicine Diagnostic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart D—Physical Medicine Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart D—Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart E—Surgical DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart F—Physical Medicine Therapeutic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart F—Therapeutic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- DYJRetainer, Screw Expansion, Orthodontic1Product Code
- DYOBand, Material, Orthodontic1Product Code
- DYTMaintainer, Space Preformed, Orthodontic1Product Code
- DYWBracket, Plastic, Orthodontic2Product Code
- DZBHeadgear, Extraoral, Orthodontic2Product Code
- DZCWire, Orthodontic1Product Code
- DZDTube, Orthodontic1Product Code
- ECIBand, Elastic, Orthodontic1Product Code
- ECMBand, Preformed, Orthodontic1Product Code
- ECNClamp, Wire, Orthodontic1Product Code
- ECOSpring, Orthodontic1Product Code
- EJFBracket, Metal, Orthodontic1Product Code
- KKORing, Teething, Fluid-Filled2Product Code
- KMYPositioner, Tooth, Preformed1Product Code
- LQZDevice, Jaw Repositioning2Product Code
- LRKDevice, Anti-Snoring2Product Code
- LTFStimulator, Salivary System2Product Code
- MEFRing, Teething, Non-Fluid Filled1Product Code
- NJMBracket, Ceramic, Orthodontic2Product Code
- NLCBracket, Plastic, Orthodontic, Reprocessed2Product Code
- NQSBracket, Metal, Orthodontic, Reprocessed1Product Code
- NTORinse, Oral, Antibacterial (By Physical Means)2Product Code
- NXCAligner, Sequential2Product Code
- PLCSleep Appliances With Patient Monitoring2Product Code
- OHPExpiratory Resistance Valve, Intranasal, For Obstructive Sleep Apnea2Product Code
- ORYPrelude Tongue Suspension System2Product Code
- OYHOrthodontic Vibratory Accessory2Product Code
- PLHOrthodontic Led Accessory2Product Code
- PNNOrthodontic Software2Product Code
- QCJClosed Loop Auto Titration Device For Oral Appliances2Product Code
- QJJIndirect Bonding Tray1Product Code
- QTTOver The Counter Electrical Salivary Stimulatory System2Product Code
- Subpart G—General Hospital and Personal Use Miscellaneous DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart G—Miscellaneous DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Ear, Nose, ThroatReview Panel
- Gastroenterology and UrologyReview Panel
- General HospitalReview Panel
- HematologyReview Panel
- ImmunologyReview Panel
- MicrobiologyReview Panel
- NeurologyReview Panel
- Obstetrical and GynecologicalReview Panel
- OphthalmicReview Panel
- OrthopedicReview Panel
- PathologyReview Panel
- Physical MedicineReview Panel
- RadiologyReview Panel
- General and Plastic SurgeryReview Panel
- ToxicologyReview Panel
- Medical GeneticsReview Panel
- UnknownReview Panel
Closed Loop Auto Titration Device For Oral Appliances
- Page Type
- Product Code
- A closed-loop autotitration device for intraoral appliances uses a feedback control to record changes in the patient’s respiratory status related to repositioning of the mandible during an overnight study. The data are analyzed by a Healthcare Provider and can then be used to prospectively identify patients with mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea who may be suitable for therapy with an oral appliance and to recommend a target mandibular position.
- Physical State
- Temporary intraoral mouthpiece attached to recorders and sensors to monitor physiologic responses to airflow and oxygen desaturation during sleep.
- Technical Method
- Device functions as a closed loop auto titration device.
- Target Area
- Oral cavity.
- Regulation Medical Specialty
- Review Panel
- Submission Type
- Device Classification
- Class 2
- Regulation Number
- GMP Exempt?
- Summary Malfunction Reporting
- Implanted Device
- Life-Sustain/Support Device
- Third Party Review
- Not Third Party Eligible
- MAUDE Alerts
- View and Sign Up For MAUDE Alerts
CFR § 872.5571 Auto titration device for oral appliances
§ 872.5571 Auto titration device for oral appliances.
(a) Identification. An auto-titration device for oral appliances is a prescription home use device that determines a target position to be used for a final oral appliance for the reduction of snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea.
(b) Classification. Class II (special controls). The special controls for this device are:
(1) Clinical performance testing must evaluate the following:
(i) Performance characteristics of the algorithm; and
(ii) All adverse events.
(2) Non-clinical performance testing must demonstrate that the device performs as intended under anticipated conditions for use, including the following:
(i) Validation of the closed loop algorithm;
(ii) Mechanical integrity over the expected use life;
(iii) Characterization of maximum force, distance, and speed of device movement; and
(iv) Movement accuracy of intraoral components.
(3) Performance testing must demonstrate the wireless compatibility, electrical safety, and electromagnetic compatibility of the device in its intended use environment.
(4) Software verification, validation, and hazard analysis must be performed.
(5) The patient-contacting components of the device must be demonstrated to be biocompatible.
(6) Performance data must validate the reprocessing instructions for any reusable components.
(7) Patient labeling must include:
(i) Information on device use, including placement of sensors and mouthpieces;
(ii) A description of all alarms; and
(iii) Instructions for reprocessing any reusable components.
(8) A human factors assessment must evaluate simulated use of the device in a home use setting.
[84 FR 5000, Feb. 20, 2019]