- AnesthesiologyReview Panel
- CardiovascularReview Panel
- ChemistryReview Panel
- DentalReview Panel
- Ear, Nose, ThroatReview Panel
- Gastroenterology and UrologyReview Panel
- General HospitalReview Panel
- HematologyReview Panel
- ImmunologyReview Panel
- MicrobiologyReview Panel
- NeurologyReview Panel
- Obstetrical and GynecologicalReview Panel
- Subpart B—Clinical Chemistry Test SystemsCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart B—Diagnostic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart B—Obstetrical and Gynecological Diagnostic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart C—Cardiovascular Monitoring DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart C—Obstetrical and Gynecological Monitoring DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart D—Cardiovascular Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart D—Obstetrical and Gynecological Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart D—Physical Medicine Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart D—Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart E—Obstetrical and Gynecological Surgical DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- HERPelvimeter, External1Product Code
- FHGBell, Circumcision2Product Code
- FHJShield, Circumcision2Product Code
- HCYCurette, Uterine1Product Code
- HCZForceps, Surgical, Gynecological2Product Code
- HDAForceps, Obstetrical2Product Code
- HDBExtractor, Vacuum, Fetal2Product Code
- HDCTenaculum, Uterine2Product Code
- HDDTable, Obstetrical, Ac-Powered (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HDEHook, Fibroid, Gynecological1Product Code
- HDFSpeculum, Vaginal, Metal1Product Code
- HDGSpeculum, Vaginal, Metal, Fiberoptic1Product Code
- HDHNeedle, Cerclage, Gynecological1Product Code
- HDIHook, Destructive, Obstetrical2Product Code
- HDJScissors, Umbilical1Product Code
- HDKScissors, Episiotomy1Product Code
- HDLRetractor, Vaginal1Product Code
- HDMPacker, Uterine1Product Code
- HDNDilator, Cervical, Expandable3Product Code
- HDPElevator, Uterine2Product Code
- HDQDilator, Cervical, Fixed Size1Product Code
- HDYDilator, Cervical, Hygroscopic-Laminaria2Product Code
- HDZKnife, Cervical Cone2Product Code
- HFBForceps, Biopsy, Gynecological1Product Code
- HFGCoagulator, Laparoscopic, Unipolar (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HFHCoagulator, Hysteroscopic (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HFICoagulator, Culdoscopic (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HFWClamp, Umbilical2Product Code
- HFXClamp, Circumcision2Product Code
- HFZCraniotribe2Product Code
- HGACranioclast2Product Code
- HGCClamp, Uterine1Product Code
- HGDApplicator, Vaginal1Product Code
- HGEAmniotome1Product Code
- HGIElectrocautery, Gynecologic (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HHFRemover, Intrauterine Device, Contraceptive, Hook-Type1Product Code
- HHGDilator, Cervical, Vibratory3Product Code
- HHMSound, Uterine1Product Code
- HHNCleidoclast2Product Code
- HHOScrew, Fibroid, Gynecological2Product Code
- HHPTable, Obstetrical, Manual (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HHRLaser, Surgical, Gynecologic2Product Code
- HHTSpatula, Cervical, Cytological2Product Code
- HIBSpeculum, Vaginal, Nonmetal2Product Code
- HICSpeculum, Vaginal, Nonmetal, Fiberoptic2Product Code
- HIMElectrocautery, Endoscopic And Accessories2Product Code
- HINCoagulator-Cutter, Endoscopic, Bipolar (And Accessories)2Product Code
- KNAInstrument, Manual, Specialized Obstetric-Gynecologic2Product Code
- KNBInstrument, Destructive, Fetal, Obstetric2Product Code
- KNCTable, Obstetric (And Accessories)2Product Code
- KNFCoagulator-Cutter, Endoscopic, Unipolar (And Accessories)2Product Code
- KOHInstrument, Manual, General Obstetric-Gynecologic1Product Code
- LBXPelvimeter, Internal2Product Code
- LKFCannula, Manipulator/Injector, Uterine2Product Code
- LLWLaser, Neodymium:Yag For Gynecologic Use2Product Code
- MDGSystem, Intrafallopian Cannula2Product Code
- MLSLabor And Delivery Kit2Product Code
- MLTPelvic Exam Kit2Product Code
- MOVCatheters, Salpingography2Product Code
- MPUSource, Chemiluminescent Light2Product Code
- NBZClamp And Cutter, Umbilical2Product Code
- NMGForceps, Biopsy, Gynecological, Reprocessed2Product Code
- OHCObstetrical Vacuum Delivery Kit2Product Code
- PBQFixation, Non-Absorbable Or Absorbable, For Pelvic Use2Product Code
- OHGCircumcision Tray2Product Code
- PFJCatheter, Balloon, Dilation Of Cervical Canal Prior To Labor2Product Code
- OHLPap Smear Kit2Product Code
- OJFHysterectomy Kit2Product Code
- PGKCannula, Injector, Uterine, Endometrial Biopsy2Product Code
- PKNDilator, Cervical, Synthetic, Osmotic2Product Code
- OKUEmergency Obstetrical Kit1Product Code
- OKVObstetrical Kit2Product Code
- OKYCytology Kit2Product Code
- OQYIntrauterine Tamponade Balloon2Product Code
- PMUContainment System, Laparoscopic Power Morcellation, With Instrument Port2Product Code
- PONCatheter, Balloon, Dilation Of Cervical Canal2Product Code
- PUATenaculum, Uterine, Exempt2Product Code
- PVRD&C Tray2Product Code
- PVXVaginal Examination Tray2Product Code
- PWBFetal Head Elevator2Product Code
- PWIInstrumentation, Surgical Mesh, Urogynecologic, Transvaginal Repair Of Pelvic Organ Prolapse2Product Code
- PWKInstrumentation, Surgical Mesh, Urogynecologic, Transabdominal Repair Of Pelvic Organ Prolapse2Product Code
- Subpart F—Obstetrical and Gynecological Therapeutic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart F—Therapeutic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Subpart G—Assisted Reproduction DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- OphthalmicReview Panel
- OrthopedicReview Panel
- PathologyReview Panel
- Physical MedicineReview Panel
- RadiologyReview Panel
- General and Plastic SurgeryReview Panel
- ToxicologyReview Panel
- Medical GeneticsReview Panel
- UnknownReview Panel
- Page Type
- Product Code
- Regulation Medical Specialty
- Obstetrical and Gynecological
- Review Panel
- Obstetrical and Gynecological
- Submission Type
- 510(K) Exempt
- Device Classification
- Class 1
- Regulation Number
- GMP Exempt?
- Summary Malfunction Reporting
- Implanted Device
- Life-Sustain/Support Device
- Third Party Review
- Not Third Party Eligible
- MAUDE Alerts
- View and Sign Up For MAUDE Alerts
CFR § 884.4530 Obstetric-gynecologic specialized manual instrument
§ 884.4530 Obstetric-gynecologic specialized manual instrument.
(a) Identification. An obstetric-gynecologic specialized manual instrument is one of a group of devices used during obstetric-gynecologic procedures to perform manipulative diagnostic and surgical functions (e.g., dilating, grasping, measuring, and scraping), where structural integrity is the chief criterion of device performance. This type of device consists of the following:
(1) An amniotome is an instrument used to rupture the fetal membranes.
(2) A circumcision clamp is an instrument used to compress the foreskin of the penis during circumcision of a male infant.
(3) An umbilical clamp is an instrument used to compress the umbilical cord.
(4) A uterine curette is an instrument used to scrape and remove material from the uterus.
(5) A fixed-size cervical dilator is any of a series of bougies of various sizes used to dilate the cervical os by stretching the cervix.
(6) A uterine elevator is an instrument inserted into the uterus used to lift and manipulate the uterus.
(7) A gynecological surgical forceps is an instrument with two blades and handles used to pull, grasp, or compress during gynecological examination.
(8) A cervical cone knife is a cutting instrument used to excise and remove tissue from the cervix.
(9) A gynecological cerclage needle is a looplike instrument used to suture the cervix.
(10) A hook-type contraceptive intrauterine device (IUD) remover is an instrument used to remove an IUD from the uterus.
(11) A gynecological fibroid screw is an instrument used to hold onto a fibroid.
(12) A uterine sound is an instrument used to determine the depth of the uterus by inserting it into the uterine cavity.
(13) A cytological cervical spatula is a blunt instrument used to scrape and remove cytological material from the surface of the cervix or vagina.
(14) A gynecological biopsy forceps is an instrument with two blades and handles used for gynecological biopsy procedures.
(15) A uterine tenaculum is a hooklike instrument used to seize and hold the cervix or fundus.
(16) An internal pelvimeter is an instrument used within the vagina to measure the diameter and capacity of the pelvis.
(17) A nonmetal vaginal speculum is a nonmetal instrument used to expose the interior of the vagina.
(18) A fiberoptic nonmetal vaginal speculum is a nonmetal instrument, with fiberoptic light, used to expose and illuminate the interior of the vagina.
(b) Classification. (1) Class II (special controls). The device, when it is an umbilical clamp with or without a cutter, a uterine tenaculum which is sterile and does not use suction and is intended for single use, a nonmetal vaginal speculum, or a fiberoptic nonmetal vaginal speculum, is exempt from the premarket notification procedures in subpart E of part 807 of this chapter subject to the limitations in § 884.9.
(2) Class I for the amniotome, uterine curette, cervical dilator (fixed-size bougies), cerclage needle, IUD remover, uterine sound, and gynecological biopsy forceps. The devices subject to this paragraph (b)(2) are exempt from the premarket notification procedures in subpart E of part 807 of this chapter, subject to the limitations in § 884.9.
[45 FR 12684, Feb. 26, 1980, as amended at 61 FR 1124, Jan. 16, 1996; 66 FR 38809, July 25, 2001; 84 FR 71816, Dec. 30, 2019]