- AnesthesiologyReview Panel
- CardiovascularReview Panel
- ChemistryReview Panel
- DentalReview Panel
- Ear, Nose, ThroatReview Panel
- Gastroenterology and UrologyReview Panel
- General HospitalReview Panel
- HematologyReview Panel
- ImmunologyReview Panel
- MicrobiologyReview Panel
- NeurologyReview Panel
- Obstetrical and GynecologicalReview Panel
- Assisted Reproduction DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Cardiovascular Monitoring DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Cardiovascular Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Clinical Chemistry Test SystemsCFR Sub-Part
- Diagnostic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Obstetrical and Gynecological Diagnostic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- HESInsufflator, Carbon-Dioxide, Uterotubal (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HETLaparoscope, Gynecologic (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HEWCuldoscope (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HEXColposcope (And Colpomicroscope)2Product Code
- HEZEndoscope, Transcervical (Amnioscope)(And Accessories)2Product Code
- HFAAmnioscope, Transabdominal (Fetoscope) (And Accessories)FProduct Code
- HFCAspirator, Endocervical2Product Code
- HFDWasher, Endometrial2Product Code
- HFEBrush, Endometrial2Product Code
- HFFAspirator, Endometrial2Product Code
- HGKEndoscope, Fetal Blood Sampling (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HGWSampler, Blood, Fetal2Product Code
- HHKCurette, Suction, Endometrial (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HIFInsufflator, Laparoscopic2Product Code
- HIGInsufflator, Hysteroscopic2Product Code
- HIHHysteroscope (And Accessories)2Product Code
- HIOSampler, Amniotic Fluid (Amniocentesis Tray)1Product Code
- LHZViscometer, Mucus, Cervical1Product Code
- MKOFalloposcope2Product Code
- MOKVaginoscope And Accessories2Product Code
- NKCTubing/Tubing With Filter, Insufflation, Laparoscopic1Product Code
- NMHLaparoscope And Accessories, Gynecologic, Reprocessed2Product Code
- NMILaparoscopic Insufflator And Accessories, Reprocessed1Product Code
- NVTTubing And Tubing/Filter Fits1Product Code
- NWVLaparoscopic Accessories, Gynecologic1Product Code
- NWWHysteroscope Accessories1Product Code
- PCFSampler, Endocervical2Product Code
- OHDGynecological Laparoscopic Kit2Product Code
- OHEForensic Evidence Sexual Assault Kit2Product Code
- OHFCuldocentesis Kit2Product Code
- OHMCesarean Section Tray2Product Code
- OKXTrocar Kit2Product Code
- PGTInsufflator, Hysteroscopic, Fluid, Closed-Loop Recirculation With Cutter-Coagulator, Endoscopic, Bipolar2Product Code
- OKZEndometrial Sampling Kit2Product Code
- OSVInsufflator, Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting2Product Code
- PTZColposcope (And Colpomicroscope), Exempt2Product Code
- PVSFetal Blood Sampling Kit (Excludes Hiv Testing)2Product Code
- QHZSeal, Cervical, Mechanical, Unpowered1Product Code
- Obstetrical and Gynecological Monitoring DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Obstetrical and Gynecological Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Obstetrical and Gynecological Surgical DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Obstetrical and Gynecological Therapeutic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Physical Medicine Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Prosthetic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- Therapeutic DevicesCFR Sub-Part
- OphthalmicReview Panel
- OrthopedicReview Panel
- PathologyReview Panel
- Physical MedicineReview Panel
- RadiologyReview Panel
- General and Plastic SurgeryReview Panel
- ToxicologyReview Panel
- Medical GeneticsReview Panel
- UnknownReview Panel
- Page Type
- Product Code
- to distend the uterus with saline and maintain distension through closed-loop recirculation of filtered distension fluid during diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy. It is also intended for cutting and coagulation of uterine tissue.
- Physical State
- controller that provides bipolar frequency and fluid management through the use of two peristaltic pumps. Bipolar frequency is delivered to a bipolar electrosurgical resection device. Fluid management is provided via infusion/aspiration through tubing, sensors, tissue collection container and filter.
- Technical Method
- a closed-loop system with a preset volume of saline available for use during hysteroscopy. Fluid is continuously recirculated by pumps from a 3L saline bag, into the uterus, through a tissue trap and a filter and then back to the bag. Cutting and coagulation are accomplished through use of a bipolar device that has a reciprocating loop electrode.
- Target Area
- Regulation Medical Specialty
- Obstetrical and Gynecological
- Review Panel
- Obstetrical and Gynecological
- Submission Type
- Device Classification
- Class 2
- Regulation Number
- GMP Exempt?
- Summary Malfunction Reporting
- Implanted Device
- Life-Sustain/Support Device
- Third Party Review
- Not Third Party Eligible
- MAUDE Alerts
- View and Sign Up For MAUDE Alerts
CFR § 884.1710 Closed loop hysteroscopic insufflator with cutter-coagulator
§ 884.1710 Closed loop hysteroscopic insufflator with cutter-coagulator.
(a) Identification. A closed loop hysteroscopic insufflator with cutter-coagulator is a prescription device configured for hysteroscopic insufflation, resection, and coagulation. It is used to perform diagnostic and surgical procedures (i.e., resection and coagulation). This device type contains a closed-loop recirculating fluid management system for the controlled delivery of filtered distension fluid. This device type also contains a bipolar radiofrequency device used in conjunction with a hysteroscope for resection and coagulation of intrauterine tissues.
(b) Classification. Class II (special controls). The special control(s) for this device are:
(1) The patient-contacting components of the device must be demonstrated to be biocompatible.
(2) Software validation, verification, and hazard analysis must be provided.
(3) Electrical equipment safety, including appropriate thermal and mechanical safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing must be performed.
(4) Device components that are labeled sterile must be validated to a sterility assurance level of 10−6.
(5) Shelf-life testing that demonstrates the device packaging maintains sterility and the functionality of the device is maintained following simulated shipping and handling must be provided to support the proposed shelf life.
(6) Non-clinical testing data must demonstrate the performance characteristics of the device. Detailed protocols and the test reports must be provided for each test.
(i) The following tests must be performed for the resection portion of the device:
(A) Mechanical testing to assess critical joint strength.
(B) Device electrode temperature testing.
(C) Coagulation depth testing.
(D) Simulated use testing.
(E) Device durability testing.
(ii) The following tests must be performed for the fluid management portion of the device:
(A) Mechanical testing to assess tensile strength of connections.
(B) Pressure testing that demonstrates the following parameters, including accuracy of the pressure displayed; appropriate detection and response to overpressure conditions; activation of a secondary overpressure relief valve at the maximum safe level; and all accessories within the fluid path meet the pressure requirements.
(C) Fluid delivery volume testing that demonstrates that the maximum fluid volume delivered is below a predefined level.
(D) Flow rate testing.
(E) Simulated use testing.
(F) Filtration testing.
(G) Blood filtration capacity testing.
(H) Tissue collection capacity testing.
(I) Filtrate characterization and testing that demonstrates that the continuous reintroduction of filtrate into the uterus does not pose a safety risk.
(7) Clinician labeling must include:
(i) Specific instructions and the clinical training needed for the safe use of the device.
(ii) Appropriate warnings, precautions, and information related to overpressurization.
(iii) Appropriate EMC information.
(iv) An expiration date/shelf life.
[82 FR 35073, July 28, 2017]